“We are born to be tragic in our fate
lyric in our feelings,
but comic in our behavior.”
– George Santayana
Currently a writer on the house sketch team GUTTER (Pack Theater) and former sketch writer for Thunderdog (Pack Theater) and Top Story! Weekly (ACME Comedy Theater). Written sketches for iO West’s Sunday Sketch Show, and written and performed sketch comedy for LA’s Scripted Comedy Festival in 2016.
- Haagen-Yaz (digital short): Featured on ComedyCake, Funny or Die, and WhoHaHa
- “Which Fruit is Your Body Type” (live onstage): Featured at Pack Theater’s Ladies of Sketch Night and Diversity Showcase.
- “Manny the Male Babysitter” (live onstage): Written for house sketch team Thunderdog and included as part of Sketch Night.
- Friendship Coma (one-act): Received a reading as part of Jolly Pig Project presents Memory: Reading Series at the Studio Lounge Theater in Los Angeles in 2018.
- Trich (full-length): Workshop production for University of Iowa ’s New Play Festival; directed by Mario El Caponi Mendoza (2015).
- Family Dinner (full-length): Received a Workshop Production for University of Iowa’s Gallery Series (2015), Kennedy Center’s The Paul Stephen Lim Asian American Playwriting Award(2015), was a quarter-finalist for Road Theater Company’s Summer Playwrights Festival (2016), and is a published Thesis for University of Iowa Press 2015 (2015).
- Life of the Experiment (full-length): Received a workshop production at the Iowa New Play Festival directed by David Freeman (2014).
- Monopoly (full-length): Received a student production for the University of Iowa’s Gallery series; directed by Ashley Pettit (2014).
- Koreans Eat Dog (full-length): Received a reading at the University of Iowa’s New Play Festival; directed by Tlaloc Rivas (2013).
- Girl Gym (half-hour, comedy): Received a reading at the Thymele Arts Theater in Los Angeles as part of Jolly Pig Project’s Scene by Scene Pilot Reading Festival in May 2019.
“At a women’s athletic center, designed by women for women, that no woman wants to go to, Holly and her ungrateful staff do whatever it takes to save the business.”
- Internet Famous (half-hour, comedy): Internet Famous received a staged reading in Los Angeles at iO West as part of “On Its Feet” Reading Series.
“When Beth loses her job because of an old internet viral video from childhood resurfaces and reinvents itself, she must move back into the very home of the parents who destroyed her life, to begin with.”
- Diversity Scholarship (Improv Space, 2017)
- The Paul Stephen Lim Playwriting Award (Kennedy Center, 2015)
- IRAM Scholarship (University of Iowa, 2014)
- Richard Maibaum Playwriting Award (University of Iowa, 2013)
- Iowa Arts Fellowship (University of Iowa, 2012)
- Dorothy & Sherrill C. Corwin Award (U.C. Santa Barbara, 2011)
- Robert Potter Playwriting Award (U.C. Santa Barbara, 2011)
- Spirit Award (U.C. Santa Barbara, 2011)
writing samples available upon request.