“We are born to be tragic in our fate
lyric in our feelings,
but comic in our behavior.”
– George Santayana
Currently a writer on the house sketch team Thunderdog at the Pack Theater and writing staff for Top Story! Weekly at ACME Comedy Theater. Written sketches for iO West’s Sunday Sketch Show, and written and performed sketch comedy for LA’s Scripted Comedy Festival in 2016.
My most recent play, Friendship Coma (a one-act play), received a reading as part of Jolly Pig Project presents Memory: Reading Series at the Studio Lounge Theater in Los Angeles in 2018. Other plays include:
- Trich (full-length): Workshop production for University of Iowa ’s New Play Festival; directed by Mario El Caponi Mendoza (2015).
- Family Dinner (full-length): Received a Workshop Production for University of Iowa’s Gallery Series (2015), Kennedy Center’s The Paul Stephen Lim Asian American Playwriting Award(2015), was a quarter-finalist for Road Theater Company’s Summer Playwrights Festival (2016), and is a published Thesis for University of Iowa Press 2015 (2015).
- Life of the Experiment (full-length): Received a workshop production at the Iowa New Play Festival directed by David Freeman (2014).
- Monopoly (full-length): Received a student production for the University of Iowa’s Gallery series; directed by Ashley Pettit (2014).
- Koreans Eat Dog (full-length): Received a reading at the University of Iowa’s New Play Festival; directed by Tlaloc Rivas (2013).
My TV pilot Girl Gym will be receiving a reading at the Thymele Arts Theater in Los Angeles as part of Jolly Pig Project’s Scene by Scene Pilot Reading Festival in May 2019. Other TV pilot(st) include:
Internet Famous (half-hour, comedy): Internet Famous received a staged reading in Los Angeles at iO West as part of “On Its Feet” Reading Series.
- When Beth loses her job because of an old internet viral video from childhood resurfaces and reinvents itself, she must move back into the very home of the parents who destroyed her life, to begin with.
- Diversity Scholarship (Improv Space, 2017)
- The Paul Stephen Lim Playwriting Award (Kennedy Center, 2015)
- IRAM Scholarship (University of Iowa, 2014)
- Richard Maibaum Playwriting Award (University of Iowa, 2013)
- Iowa Arts Fellowship (University of Iowa, 2012)
- Dorothy & Sherrill C. Corwin Award (U.C. Santa Barbara, 2011)
- Robert Potter Playwriting Award (U.C. Santa Barbara, 2011)
- Spirit Award (U.C. Santa Barbara, 2011)
writing samples available upon request.